Why Does Your Business Need a Strong Relationship with a Florida Business Law Attorney?
Unfortunately, many business owners wait until something goes wrong to contact a business law attorney in Coral Springs or Parkland. However, business lawyers provide invaluable services for businesses, even when the business is not facing a lawsuit, government inquiry, audit, or other crisis. Having a close relationship with a business law attorney can benefit you in all aspects of your business from choosing the best legal entity for your business to representing your company during business litigation.
Business law attorney Matthew Fornaro assists businesses in Parkland, Coral Springs, and throughout Broward County with all issues related to your business. To request a consultation, call 954-324-3651 or contact us online.
Top Five Reasons to Hire a Coral Springs Business Law Attorney
Hiring a business law attorney is a crucial step in the process of operating a successful business. Developing a relationship with a business lawyer before you take any steps to begin your business can benefit you in many ways. Five of the most important reasons to develop a relationship with a business law attorney include:
- Prevent Mistakes Forming Your Business Structure — Before you register your business or open the doors for customers, it is very important to decide on a business structure. The business structure has a significant impact on everything from taxes and regulatory consequences to personal liability for the owners. An attorney can help you choose the business structure that provides the most benefits for your business while giving you a high level of protection from personal liability. In addition, your lawyer can draft the agreements you may need for the business entity such as partnership agreements, joint venture agreements, and corporate bylaws.
- Developing Business Contracts —Your business law attorney understands the laws governing all contracts related to your business, including but not limited to, employment contracts, leases, vendor contracts, warranties, contractor agreements, confidentiality agreements, and releases. A business may utilize dozens of contracts. Using a business lawyer to draft the contracts can reduce the risk of liability and strengthen your options for pursuing compensation for a breach of contract.
- Protect Intellectual Property —Protecting intellectual property is extremely important, especially for businesses that involve creative services or endeavors. Your business law attorney can oversee applications for copyrights and trademarks. If you are not very careful, you could lose a substantial amount of money because you fail to protect intellectual property.
- Develop a Strong Anti-Harassment Policy — Before you hire your first employee, you must have an anti-harassment policy, clear procedures for reporting workplace harassment, and detailed procedures for handling complaints. Ensuring a safe working environment has always been important. However, in today’s extremely volatile climate regarding workplace harassment, it is crucial that you consult a business law attorney to ensure you have sufficient policies in place to protect yourself, your business, and your employees from harm.
- Lawsuit Protection —If your company is named in a lawsuit, you need an experienced business litigation attorney to handle the lawsuit. However, developing a relationship with a business law attorney before a lawsuit is filed may help prevent lawsuits. Your attorney may be able to negotiate a resolution to the issue before either party files a lawsuit to reduce the cost and interruption of business that a lawsuit can cause for your company.
There are many other important reasons why you need to hire a Parkland business law attorney. One of the most important reasons is that your business law attorney can help you avoid the mistakes many business owners make that can hurt your business and cause substantial financial damages.
Business Law Attorney for Coral Springs and Parkland
Matthew Fornaro, P.A. provides business law services for businesses in Parkland, Coral Springs, and the surrounding areas of Broward County. Our law firm provides a variety of services that benefit your business. Our legal services for companies and businesses include:
- Business Litigation— Every business experiences issues that can lead to litigation. Employees, suppliers, vendors, clients, contractors, partners, shareholders, and countless other individuals may sue your business. Our Parkland business law attorneys will aggressively defend all lawsuits. In addition, we will pursue claims on your behalf and file lawsuits against parties who owe the company money or who have committed fraud or other wrongdoing.
- Business Formation— The business entity you choose has a significant impact on how your business is structured and operated. We can help you choose the best structure for your business and then complete and file the documents required to create the legal entity for your company.
- Business Transaction Law— Our business law attorneys work with you to create contracts and agreements that protect your business. With clear, detailed contracts, you can often avoid costly business litigation.
- Real Estate Transactions & Litigation— Real estate law can be complex, and you can easily find yourself in a situation that can turn very costly and time-consuming quickly if you do not have a business law attorney at your side from the beginning of a real estate transaction. Whether you are buying, selling, or leasing real estate, you need an attorney to protect your best interests.
- Intellectual Property— You need to protect the intellectual property created by and used by your business. Our law firm will help you select and protect the name and logo of your business and then protect all intellectual property you create by filing for patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
- Arbitration & Mediation Services— Business litigation can be very expensive and time-consuming. Our business law attorney is a highly-skilled and experienced litigator, in addition to being trained in arbitration and mediation services. You can trust that all facets of a dispute are analyzed to determine the best course of action. In many cases, our business law attorneys can resolve issues through mediation and arbitration to save your company time and money.
- Business Dissolution— From developing a business succession plan to drafting Articles of Dissolution, we can help you when it is time to dissolve your business or transfer your interest in the business. In addition, our Coral Springs business law attorneys handle business mergers and acquisitions.
Florida Business Law Attorneys in Broward County
Matthew Fornaro, P.A. provides comprehensive business law services to individuals, companies, and businesses in Coral Springs, Parkland, and throughout Broward County. We encourage you to contact our law firm to speak with an experienced business law attorney
To request a consultation, call 954-324-3651 or contact us online.